The Youth Empowerment programs prima focus is to provide the Bhutanese youth of Harrisburg (Grade 9- College graduates) with enough resources, information, and training to help them succeed in their academic endeavors. It is also our mission to create a healthy community of young leaders who will tomorrow lead not just our community but our country.
- Youth Empowerment
- Train, Inform and Educate the Youth
- Create Leaders
- Create a Community of young and driven Students
- Create a strong Support Base for the Youth.
- Recognize Scholars and Celebrate their Success
To achieve our set goals we will host events, seminars, and leadership groups. We will do events such as; SAT programs, Coding Classes, Career Counseling, Information Sessions in regards to College Apps, Financial Aid/Loans and Fun Events that will help us bond as a group. We will host an academic event every other week and do a fun activity/ event on the alternating weekends.
In six month we want to see at least 12-18 Events happen successfully and grow our student/leader base by 20%.
In one year down the line, we want to see at least 30-40 Events happen for and by the youth and grow our student/leaders base by 40%.
–Bhupesh Adhikari (Student Idea Leader)
–Krishna Adhikari (Student Idea Leader, Budget Researcher )
–Narayan Khatiwada (Fundraising Idea Leader )
–Rasuka Shrestha (Student Idea Leader)
Dhadi Dhungana (Venue Finder)
Manoj Dhungana (Scholarship Finder)
Ghanashyam Gautam (Research on busses, Venue Finder)
Kalpana Timsina (Accountant, Venue Finder)
Prakash Luitel (Venue Finder)
Leadership Positions that are still open: Researcher on Speakers, Fundraising Coordinator
- SAT(There is one in the summer)
- FASFA /APP
- College App, registrations, fee waiver
- Loan info
- STEM program session.
- Career counseling
- Student appreciation event.
- College Visits
- Volunteer Service
- Dual-enrollment program
- AP/CHS high school class
- Professional from a field will talk or One of us from the field will talk(1 hr est)
- Open space for problems, issues or any type of help.
- Coding (depending on the interest, this might be a stand-alone)